|Real Name||Tom Holland|
|Also Known As||Thomas Stanley|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1996|
|Birth Place||Kingston Upon Thames, London|
Tom Holland Bio / Wiki
Tom Holland is a British actor, best known for portraying the famous superhero in the movie Spider-Man. He played Peter Parker in popular Hollywood flicks, like ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming,’ ‘Avengers: Infinity War,’ and ‘Captain America: civil war.’ He began his acting career at the age of 12, when he did his ‘West End’ theatre debut on June 28, 2008. He played a crucial role in the popular act ‘Billy Elliot the Musical,’ which eventually earned him the chance to meet the then Prime Minister of the UK, Gordon Brown. Tom made his first television appearance in September 2008 when he was interviewed by ‘Channel 5.’ In 2011, he made his film debut and went on to act in super hit movies. Tom Holland has won many awards for his acting skills. In 2017, he received the prestigious ‘British Academy Film Award’ (BAFTA).
Tom Holland Childhood & Early life
- Thomas Stanley Holland was born on June 1, 1996, in London, England. He was born in the family of Nicola Elizabeth, and Dominic Holland. While his father, Dominic, is a comedian, his mother is working as a photographer. As a kid, he used to spend a lot of time along with his brothers Sam, Harry, and Patrick.
- Tom went to ‘Donhead middle school,’ an independent day school situated in Wimbledon, southwest London. Right from his school days, Tom exhibited keen interest in dance and hence started attending dance classes. But he was bullied by his schoolmates for having a liking towards dance.
- After completing his school education, he attended ‘Wimbledon College,’ from where he graduated in the year 2012. He then attended the prestigious ‘BRIT School for performing arts and Technology,’ from where he learnt the nuances of acting and dancing.
- During the 2006 ‘Richmond Dance Festival,’ Tom was seen dancing at ‘Nifty Feet school,’ where he was spotted by a choreographer named Lynne Page, who was working as an assistant to the favored choreographer, Peter Darling. watching his dancing skills, Lynne Page somehow knew that Tom would later become a popular entertainer and hence, he took Tom under his wings.
- Tom was auditioned on eight occasions and was trained for 2 years, after which he landed the chance to play Billy’s best friend Michael in ‘Billy Elliot the Musical.’ Since it had been his ‘West End’ debut, he gained popularity as a theatre artist.
Tom Holland Early Career
- After playing a vital role in ‘Billy Elliot the Musical’ on June 28, 2008, he went on to play the titular role in the same musical on September 8, 2008. His performance was praised by the critics and Tom started gaining popularity as an actor. As a result, he started appearing in many television shows and interviews.
- Tom made his television debut soon after playing the titular role in ‘Billy Elliot the Musical.’ He and his co-star Tanner Pflueger were interviewed by ‘Channel 5’ for one among its news shows. in the following year, Tom was cast in the show ‘The Feel Good Factor.’ At the show’s premiere, Tom performed the popular ‘Angry Dance’ from the musical and was later interviewed by Myleene Klass, who had hosted the premiere.
- On March 8, 2010, Tom and other actors, who had portrayed Billy Elliot, were invited to 10 Downing Street in order to mark the fifth anniversary of the famous musical. There, he got a chance to meet the then Prime Minister of the UK, Gordon Brown. On March 31, a special fifth-anniversary show of the musical was showcased and Tom was chosen to play the lead in this particular show.
Tom Holland Career
- In 2011, Tom made his film debut when he lent his voice to a personality named Sho in the English version of the popular Japanese animated fantasy film ‘Arrietty.’ His major breakthrough came in the year 2012 when he was cast alongside actors like Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts in the critically acclaimed disaster drama film, ‘The Impossible.’
- ‘The Impossible’ went on to become a successful film and was played at the ‘Toronto International film festival.’ Tom, who played Lucas Bennett in the film, was praised for his acting skills, with many saying that he could win an Oscar for his performance. Though he didn’t win an Oscar, he did manage to win other major awards and nominations.
- In 2013, he appeared in a speculative drama film titled ‘How I Live Now’ and was also seen in a short film titled ‘Moments.’ in the following year, he lent his voice for the British-American drama film ‘Locke,’ which starred Tom Hardy in the main role. He also played a cameo in the filmed version of ‘Billy Elliot the Musical.’
- In 2015, he played the younger version of Thomas Nickerson in the adventure-drama film, ‘In the heart of the sea.’ in the same year, he appeared as Gregory Cromwell in the British television series, ‘Wolf Hall.’
- 2016 turned out to be an excellent year for Tom as he played interesting characters in four popular flicks, namely ‘Captain America: civil war,’ ‘The Lost City of Z,’ ‘A Monster Calls,’ and ‘Edge of Winter.’ In ‘Captain America,’ he played Peter Parker, which is one among the foremost popular recurring film roles in the history of Hollywood.
- In 2017, he reprised his role as Peter Parker in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming.’ He also appeared in a few other movies, namely ‘Pilgrimage’ and ‘The Current War.’ While he played Brother Diarmuid in ‘Pilgrimage,’ he portrayed the famous American businessman Samuel Insull in ‘The Current War.’ in the same year, he also appeared as himself in the popular reality competition TV series, ‘Lip Sync Battle.’
- In 2018, he once more reprised his role as Spider-Man in the Marvel Studios’ superhero film, ‘Avengers: Infinity War.’ Tom has a host of upcoming films under his belt. Though he’s growing from strength to strength as an actor, Tom says his ultimate goal is to become a director in Hollywood.
Tom Holland Other Major Works
- Tom Holland has lent his voice to a few of popular video games. In 2016, he lent his voice to a computer game called ‘Lego Marvel Avengers.’ He then went on to do a similar in a few other video games titled ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ and ‘Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2.’
- He appeared in a short film titled ‘Tweet,’ which he had also directed. Tom Holland aims at becoming a director in near future. For now, he wants to take up challenging and unique acting roles, something which he has been doing for quite a while now.
Tom Holland Early life & Childhood
- Thomas Stanley Holland was born on June 1, 1996, in Kingston-upon-Thames, England. The oldest of 4 boys, he was born into an artistic family: Mom Nicola is a photographer, and dad Dominic is a stand-up comedian and an author.
- Holland has attended the Donhead middle school, Wimbledon College and therefore the BRIT School for performing arts and Technology in England. His brother Harry has followed successfully in acting, nabbing the a part of Prince Harry of Wales for the 2013 drama Diana.
- An enthusiastic social media user, Holland has drawn attention for posts that feature his impressive acrobatic moves and boxing skills, also as his pit bull, Tessa.
- Holland began attending hip-hop dance classes at the Nifty Feet Dance Studio, whose owner, Lynne Page, helped choreograph the hit movie Billy Elliot (2000). After Holland’s class performed at the 2006 Richmond Dance Festival, Page was convinced to send her pupil to audition for Billy Elliot the Musical.
- With no formal training in ballet or drama, Holland did not impress most of the talent evaluators at the audition. However, he did impress Billy Elliot director Stephen Daldry, who liked Holland’s natural performing ability and stage presence.
- Following two years of ballet lessons, Holland debut with the West End production in June 2008 as Billy’s best friend, Michael. He soon slid into the starring role, and wowed audiences along with his acrobatic ability until his final performance in May 2010.
Tom Holland Girlfriend
Olivia Bolton (Rumured)
Tom Holland Net Worth
Holland Net Worth Tom Holland is an English actor and dancer who has a net worth of $15 million, as per internet source.
Tom Holland Instagram, Twitter
Some Lesser Known Facts About Tom Holland
- Does Tom Holland smoke?: Not Known
- Does Tom Holland drink Alcohol?: Not Known
- Tom has three brothers, two of them are twins Sam and Harry, three years younger to him. Harry appeared in a Biographical film Diana in 2013. Another brother is Patrick, eight years younger.
- Tom is of Irish descent. As his paternal grandparents were born on the Isle of Man in Ireland.
- Holland started dancing at a hip hop class at Nifty Feet school in Wimbledon, London.
- His Calibre was recognized by choreographer Lynne Page when he performed together with his dance school as a part of the 2006 Richmond Dance Festival.
- Eight auditions after and subsequent two years of training, on 28 June 2008, Holland started his West End career in Billy Elliot the Musical as Michael, Billy’s best friend.
- He gave his first performance in the name part in September 2008, receiving positive notices.
- Holland, along with co-star Tanner Pflueger, turned up on the news show on channel FIVE and gave his first TV interview. Next year, he was featured on ITV1 show the feel Good Factor.
- On 8 March 2010, to mark the fifth anniversary of Billy Elliot the Musical, four current Billy Elliots, including Holland, were invited to 10 Downing Street to meet then UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown.
- In 2011, Holland was cast in the British version of the animated movie Arrietty, produced by Japani Studio Ghibli. He furnished a voice for the principal character Sho.
- Holland played Isaac in How I Live Now, released in the U.K. on 4 October 2013, and co-starred as Tom Nickerson in the film in the Heart of the sea (2015), directed by Ron Howard.
- In 2015, he turned up in BBC Two’s TV series Wolf Hall, as Peer Gregory Cromwell. On 23 June 2015, it had been announced that Holland had been cast as Spider-Man for Captain America: war (released in 2016) and Spider-Man: Homecoming, set to be released on 7 July 2017.
- For Spider-Man movie, once he disclosed that he came to know about his selection through Instagram.
Tom Holland Awards & Nominations
|2012||Hollywood Film Awards||Spotlight Award||The Impossible||Won|
|2012||Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association Awards||Best Youth Performance||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2012||St. Louis Film Critics Association||Special Merit (shared with Naomi Watts, Ewan McGregor, Samuel Joslin, Oaklee Pendergast)||The Impossible||Won|
|2012||Chicago Film Critics Association Awards||Most Promising Performer||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2012||Phoenix Film Critics Society Awards||Best Youth Performance in a Lead or Supporting Role – Male||The Impossible||Won|
|2012||Nevada Film Critics Society||Best Youth Performance||The Impossible||Won|
|2013||Central Ohio Film Critics Association||Breakthrough Film Artist||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2013||National Board of Review||Breakthrough Performance – Male||The Impossible||Won|
|2013||Critics’ Choice Awards||Best Young Actor/Actress||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2013||London Film Critics’ Circle Awards||Young British Performer of the Year||The Impossible||Won|
|2013||Online Film & Television Association||Best Youth Performance||The Impossible||Won|
|2013||Online Film & Television Association||Best Breakthrough Performance – Male||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2013||Online Film & Television Association||Most Cinematic Moment (shared with Naomi Watts, Ewan McGregor, Samuel Joslin, Oaklee Pendergast)||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2013||Cinema Writers Circle Awards||Best New Actor||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2013||Goya Awards||Best New Actor||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2013||Gold Derby Awards||Best Breakthrough Performer||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2013||Empire Awards||Best Male Newcomer||The Impossible||Won|
|2013||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor||The Impossible||Won|
|2013||Saturn Awards||Best Performance by a Younger Actor||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2014||CinEuphoria Awards||Best Actor – International Competition||The Impossible||Nominated|
|2016||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film – Supporting Young Actor (14-21)||In the Heart of the Sea||Nominated|
|2016||Golden Schmoes Awards||Breakthrough Performance of the Year||Captain America: Civil War||Won|
|2016||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie: Scene Stealer||Captain America: Civil War||Nominated|
|2017||Empire Awards||Best Male Newcomer||Captain America: Civil War||Nominated|
|2017||Saturn Awards||Best Performance by a Younger Actor||Captain America: Civil War||Won|
|2017||British Academy Film Awards||Rising Star Award||Himself||Won|
|2017||London Film Critics’ Circle Awards||Young British/Irish Performer of the Year||The Lost City of Z / Spider-Man: Homecoming||Nominated|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Breakout Movie Star||Spider-Man: Homecoming||Nominated|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer Movie Actor||Spider-Man: Homecoming||Won|
|2018||Saturn Awards||Best Performance by a Younger Actor||Spider-Man: Homecoming||Won|
|2018||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Action Movie Actor||Avengers: Infinity War||Nominated|
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Summer Movie Actor||Spider-Man: Far From Home||Won|