|Real Name||Taylor Swift|
|Nick Name||Swifty, T-Swizzle, Tay|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1989|
|Birth Place||Reading, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Height||5’10” ft (178 cm)|
|Net Worth||$360 million (2019 estimate)|
Taylor Swift Bio / Wiki
Singer/songwriter Taylor Swift has earned renown as a country music singer by the age of 16. Initial hits like “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me” appealed to country and pop fans alike and helped fuel the multi-platinum success of her albums, including the Grammy-winning Fearless (2008). Swift continued to top the charts along with her 2014 studio effort 1989, which featured the No. 1 singles “Shake it Off” and “Blank Space” and won Grammys for this Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album. Her follow-up albums reputation (2018) and Lover (2019) also has achieved huge commercial success.
Numerous ‘Grammy Award’ winner, singer-songwriter and country-pop star Taylor Swift lives every teenager’s heart and she is dream girl. Born in a village , she changed the way this generation perceived ethnic music. Being compared to the likes of legendary country artists like Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson, Swift was only sixteen when she released her debut album. She isn’t only a great vocalist, but the 27 year old also can skilfully play instruments like the guitar, piano and ukulele.
She is the only female singer who have won two ‘Album of the Year’ awards at the Grammy’s. Her block-busters album like ‘Love Story’ and ‘You Belong with Me’ brought her global recognition. With the release of each album, she breaks her own record. She is an inspiration to many aspiring artists. Not only is she listed in the platinum-selling albums of all time, she also embodies compassion as she has extended unending support to many charitable organisations. She aims for the celebs and reaches greater heights without any hesitation.
Taylor Swift Childhood & early life
- Taylor Alison Swift was born to the family of Andrea Gardner Swift and Scott Kingsley Swift on 13th December, 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania. Her father was a stockbroker and mother was a homemaker who brought up Taylor and her younger brother, Austin.
- She attended Alvernia Montessori School. Taylor and Austin used to go Bible classes as their parents were Presbyterian Church goers.
- When she was only 9 months old her mother placed her on a saddle, from then the horse riding became her one of the favourite hobby. She was gifted her own pony named Ginger. Taylor used to go to win several horse riding races.
- After moving to Wyomissing, she joined the Youth Theatre Academy productions and travelled quite frequently to ny for acting and vocal lessons.
- Taylor started playing the guitar once a computer mechanic taught her to play three cords. She was only twelve, but instantly took to ethnic music. She was inspired by Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks.
- In school, she won a national poetry competition on writing a poem called “Monster in My Closet”. it’s her gift for poetry that helped her song-writing. the first song she wrote was “Lucky You”.
- Her talent was evident and so was the support of her parents. Her mother spoke with Dan Dymtrow and along with his assistance the twelve year old was cast in Abercrombie & Fitch’s ‘Rising Stars’ campaign, and was subsequently interviewed by numerous mega record labels.
- She signed up with RCA Records and began flying from Nashville to Pennsylvania, before her father took a transfer to Nashville to help his daughter’s blossoming career. There she enlisted in‘Aron Academy’ and was home-schooled.
A Budding Artist
- As Swift used to perform in various events, she worked with several songwriters like Brett Beavers, Mac McAnally and Liz Rose, eventually settling with Liz acting mainly as an editor.
- In 2005, she performed in the ‘Bluebird Café’, where she impressed Scott Borchetta. Then a DreamWorks Records executive used to manage his own production label and he signed her immediately.
- In October, 2006 she released her very first album titled ‘Taylor Swift’. Her album ranked the number five spot on the billboard and her songs ran for more than 157 weeks.
- Taylor broke through the music charts along with her single ‘Tim McGraw’, smartly titled by her management team. She wrote the song during a math class while recalling her senior year boyfriend.
- The only sixteen year old girl was carving her career graph with songs like ‘Our Song’ and ‘Teardrops on My Guitar’ that became an anthem for teenagers. They went fantastic over her voice and with that she hit the nail and sealed her stardom.
- In the following year, she released her holiday album ‘Sounds of the Season: The Taylor Swift Holiday collection’. And while she continued to open for legendary artists, she continued to promote her debut album also.
Taylor Swift Breaking Music Records
- After her initial hits, she recorded the album Fearless, which released along with her single “Love Story” in 2008. It climbed the billboard at no. 4 with “You Belong with Me” at no.2 on the charts.
- ‘Billboard 200’ announced it as the favorite selling album of the year in 2009. The music video was also named ‘Best Female Music Video’ on MTV. That year she was also named ‘Artist of the Year’ for her album.
- She became the youngest ever to win the Grammy Award for ‘Album of the Year’. She received awards for ‘Best Country Album’, ‘Best Country Song’, and ‘Best Female Country Vocal Performance’.
- Swift joined hands with several artists like John Mayer, Kellie Pickler etc releasing singles that continued to rock the music charts including “Today is a Fairytale” a single of the ‘Valentine’s Day’ Soundtrack.
- Taylor made her first venture as an actor in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, where she played a rebellious teenager. She hosted ‘Saturday Night Live’- the only star to write down her own monologue, and ‘Entertainment Weekly’. She made her first film debut within the movie ‘Valentine’s Day’ in 2009.
- In October 2010, her album ‘Speak Now’ entered the Guinness Book of World records listing, and was titled the fastest selling digital album by any female artist. it had been downloaded quite 278,000 in its first week. in the book she is also listed because the first female artist to have 10 tracks of her album on the ‘Billboard Hot 100’.
Taylor Swift Success Spree
- With her new album ‘Red’, Taylor showed her fans and critics that she wasn’t simply a rustic artist. The album featured various genres like dance-pop, heartland rock and dubstep tracks, which received great feedback.
- With this she entered the ‘Guinness Book of World Record’ again for being the first female to have two million selling album openings. And after the critically acclaimed album ‘1989’ she became the first female to have three consecutive albums selling over 1 million copies.
- Her ‘1989 World tour’ grossed over 250 million dollars, which is her highest collection.
- She soon became the ambassador of huge brands like cover girl, Sony Electronics, and Diet Coke. She soon became a brand in herself and launched her own line of perfumes.
Taylor Swift Major Works
- From ‘Taylor Swift’ in 2006 to ‘Fearless’ in 2008, all her albums have made it to the ‘Billboards top 100’. Her later albums ‘Speak Now’, ‘Red’ and ‘1989’ took her to the helm of country-pop music.
- Though all her songs have won accolades in some form or the other but chartbusters like ‘Tom McGraw’, ‘You Belong with Me’, ‘Teardrops on my Guitar’, ‘Love Story’ and ‘Back to December’ have her rated at the no. 1 spot in Australian, Canadian and Indian music charts.
- In her career, she has had four tours, of which two – ‘Speak Now’ and ‘1989’ were world tours. All her concerts are sold out and none have earned less than 100 million dollars.
Taylor Swift Debut Album And Fearless
The song was gained an immediate success, spending eight months on the Billboard country singles chart. At the age of 16, Swift followed with a self-titled debut album, and she went on tour, opening for Rascal Flatts. Taylor Swift was certified platinum in 2007, having sold more than a million copies in the US, and Swift continued a rigorous touring schedule, opening for artists like George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, and Faith Hill. That November Swift received the Horizon Award for best new artist from the ethnic music Association (CMA), capping the year in which she emerged as country music’s most-visible young star.
On Taylor’s second album, Fearless (2008), she demonstrated a refined pop sensibility, managing to court the mainstream pop audience without losing sight of her country roots. With sales of more than half 1,000,000 copies in its first week, Fearless opened at number one on the Billboard 200 chart. It ultimately spent more time atop that chart than the other album released that decade. Singles like “You Belong with Me” and “Love Story” were popular in the digital market also , the latter accounting for more than four million paid downloads.
Taylor Swift Later Albums And Controversies
In 2016 Swift’s feud with Kanye West resumed after he released the single “Famous.” The song included a lyric in which Swift was mentioned as a “bitch,” and she alleged that it had been misogynistic. the general public spat escalated after West’s wife, Kim Kardashian, released a recording of a telephone call in which Swift gave her approval for the line, though West made no mention of calling her a bitch.
Swift’s controversies continued as she took part in a widely publicized civil trial in August 2017, after former radio host David Mueller sued the singer, her mother, and a promoter, claiming that Swift had falsely accused him of sexually groping her in 2013 during the taking of a photograph and thus destroyed his career. She countersued, maintaining that the assault had taken place. At the trial, Swift was removed from Mueller’s suit and therefore the other two defendants were found not liable because the jury found in favour of Swift’s countersuit. Shortly thereafter Swift released the hit song “Look What You Made Me Do,” and her album Reputation became the top-selling American LP of 2017.
In 2018 Swift left Big Machine and signed with Republic Records and Universal Music Group. the following year her former label, which owned the master recordings of her six albums, was sold to Scooter Braun, a talent manager whose clients had included Kanye West. Swift publicly spoke out against the deal, claiming that Borchetta had rejected her attempts to acquire the master tapes and that Braun had bullied her over the years. In 2019 she released her seventh album, Lover, which she described as “a love letter to love itself.” That year Swift also appeared in the musical Cats, a film adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s hugely successful stage production. Miss Americana (2020) is a documentary about her life and career.
Taylor Swift Awards & Achievements
- She has won several of the most prestigious awards as a vocalist, which include 10 ‘Grammy Awards’, 23 ‘Billboard Music Awards’, 11 ‘Country Music Association Awards’, 8 ‘Academy of ethnic music Awards’, 19 ‘American Music Awards’, 1 ‘Brit Award’ and an ‘Emmy Award’.
- With her exceptional song-writing skills she has found a place for herself on ‘The Songwriters Hall of Fame.’
Taylor Swift Personal Life, Boyfriends & Affairs
- Taylor’s role model has been her grandmother, Majorie Finlay, an opera singer who made a reputation for herself because the best of her time. it’s listening to her grandmother sing that inculcated love for music in her.
- The gorgeous pop star has had several affairs with famous celebrities, and none are hidden from spotlight. She first dated Joe Jonas of The Jonas Brothers in 2008, but the relationship did not last for Joe falling in love for Camilla Belle.
- After that she started dating Taylor Lautner, John Mayer, Jake Gyllenhall, Harry Styles and Calvin Harris. In 2016 she was spotted with Tom Hiddleston, but Taylor later announced that her relationship with Tom is no more.
- In August 2016, her mother was diagnosed with cancer. She was so devastated that she launched a campaign for normal check-ups for cancer to nip the lethal disease in its bud.
Taylor Swift Awards
Primetime Emmy Awards
|2015||Outstanding Creative Achievement in Interactive Media – Original Interactive Program||Winner|
People’s Choice Awards
|2015||Favorite Female Artist||Winner|
|2015||Favorite Pop Artist||Winner|
|2014||Favorite Country Artist||Winner|
|2013||Favorite Country Artist||Winner|
|2011||Favorite Country Artist||Winner|