|Also Known As||Donald John Trump|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1946|
|Birth Place||Queens, NY|
|Profession||45th U.S. President|
|Height||6.3 ft, 190 cm|
|Family||Father: Fred Trump|
Mother: Mary Anne
Siblings: Elizabeth, Fred Jr., Maryanne Trump Barry, Robert S. Trump
|Wife/s||Melania Trump (M. 2005), Ivana Trump (M. 1977–1992), Marla Maples (M. 1993–1999)|
|Children||Barron Trump, Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump, Ivanka Trump, Tiffany Trump|
|Social Media||Twitter: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump|
Donald Trump Bio / Wiki
Donald Trump is the 45th President of the united states, in office since January 20, 2017. Additionally, to be a political candidate, he’s a successful business magnate and TV personality also. The son of a wealthy property developer, Trump attended the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania before taking charge of his family’s business. An astute businessman and charismatic leader, he built and renovated numerous hotels, casinos, and office towers during his business career, accumulating a net worth of billions.
He also owned several beauty pageants and ventured into reality television also . Expanding the horizons of his ambitions, he entered national politics in the early 2000s and set his eyes on the presidential office. As a political candidate, his career was marred by allegations of sexual misconduct and he also earned much criticism for his extravagant lifestyle and controversial comments on immigrants from Islamic nations. Despite the controversies surrounding him, Trump ran for the 2016 presidential election as a Republican and defeated Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton during a surprise victory. Donald Trump is the person to assume presidency without prior military or government service and at 70, he’s also the oldest one to assume the office.
Donald Trump Childhood
- He was born in America, New York city, in a family of Fred Trump and Mary Anne . His father Fred Trump, was a real state developer. Donald Trump was one of the five children.
- He initially completed his childhood schooling from Kew Forest School, Forest hills, New York. At the age of 13, his father boarded him to New York Military Academy (NYMA) in Upstate New York, where he used to be a good performer, both socially and academically; arising as a star athlete and student leader by the time he graduated in 1964.
- After that, he was at Fordham University for two years before joining the Wharton School of Finance at the University Of Pennsylvania, from where he graduated in economics in 1968.
Donald Trump Business Career
- While studying in college he joined his father’s company, ‘Elizabeth Trump and Son’. The company mainly focused on middle-class rental housing in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island. He took this business seriously and with the investment of $500,000,turned the 1200 unit apartment complex in Cincinnati with a 66 percent vacancy rate to 100 percent occupancy within two years.
- In 1971, he moved to Studio apartment in Manhattan, New York, and became involved with another larger building projects. By the following year, he completed the first multi-million dollar real estate transaction with the sale of Swifton Village in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- In the year of 1985, he bought Mar-a-lago estate in Palm beach, Florida and renovated the Barbizon hotel and 100 Central Park South.
- He bought the Plaza Hotel in New York City in 1988.
- In the year of 1989, he bought a fleet of Boeing 727 airplanes to form Trump’s air shuttle service. But unfortunately, a helicopter crash killed three Trump casino executives which lead to a big issues.
- By the year of 1989, his poor business decisions left him unable to meet loan payments but he somehow financed the construction of his third casino, the $1 million Taj Mahal, with high-interest junk bonds. The increasing debt soon brought him to business bankruptcy.
- In the year of 1990, he regained from his previous stable financial position and fame and opened the Trump Taj Mahal casino in Atlantic City. Soon he gained approval for Riverside south development of West Side rail yards.
- In the year of 1996, he got the ownership of Miss Universe Organization which produces the Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Tean USA pageants.
- In the year of 2003, he became joint partner with the National Broadcasting Company (NBC) where he became the executive producer and host of the NBC reality show, ‘The Apprentice’ which became a huge successful program. Following this success, he co-produced a show, ‘The Celebrity Apprentice’ along with British TV producer Mark Burnett.
- In the year of 2004, Trump Hotels and Casino & Resorts declared a restructuring of its debt which led to a reduction in his individual ownership from 56 percent to 27 percent. The company applied for Chapter 11 Protection in November and soon the company re-emerged from bankruptcy as ‘Trump Entertainment Resorts Holdings’.
- He marketed his Trump name on a large number of products, including ‘Trump Financial’, ‘Trump Sales and Leasing’, ‘Trump Entrepreneur initiative’, ‘Trump Restaurants’, ‘Go TRUMP’, ‘Donald J. Trump signature collection’, etc. Moreover, he also received $1.5 million for every one-hour presentation which he did for ‘The Learning Annex’. He also has a business simulation game called ‘Donald Trump’s Real Estate Tycoon’.
Donald Trump Political Career
- Trump also harbored political aspirations. In the year 2000 elections, he announced to run as a third-party candidate for the US presidency. In 2004 and 2008, he considered running for president in the Republican Party, and in between in 2006, he considered running for governor of New York as a representative of the party. He again registered as a Republican in 2009 after being registered with the Democratic Party in 2001 and campaigned for it.
- In the year 2010-2012, his involvement in politics extended when he publicly announced his consideration of candidature for the presidency again. However, his association with the ‘Birther issue’, a bunch that firmly believed Barack Obama wasn’t born in the US, disparaged his political reputation. But he continued to stand against Obama on various political issues.
- In the year 2013, he endorsed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during the Israeli elections. He was also a featured speaker at the 2013 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).
Donald Trump Presidential Campaign
- In the year 2015, he announced his candidacy for president as republican. As a well known personality with successful business career and media presence, he quickly got his nomination as a front runner in the party and was formally nominated for president in the year 2016 Republican National Convention.
- His campaign was mainly focused on domestic issues such as illegal immigration, crime, terrorism, Islamic , offshoring of American jobs, and the U.S. national debt. His campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again” resonated with the American citizens.
- While most of his campaign received criticism, they also ensured that he got huge media coverage. He was also accused of being lie and embellishing facts during his election speeches and received a lot of negative comments with major publications like ‘Politico’, ‘The Washington Post’, ‘The New York Times’, and the ‘Los Angeles Times’ terming his statements as downright falsehoods.
- Being a presidential nominee, he adopted a populist political status and supported a broad explanation of the Second Amendment. His taxation plan introduced for reducing the corporate tax rate to 15% and replacing the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”) with a different free-market plan which earned him support from several quarters.
- However, Trump’s campaign was full with controversies. There were lot’s of accusations of sexual misconduct against him and he was condemned by the media for using vulgar and sexist language. In 2005 recording of his show off about how he forcibly kissed and groped women in result a major dent to his popularity. Immediately he issued a public apology in a bid to maintain his reputation.
- Despite his haters and with all the negative publicity surrounding him, he managed to gain a victorious in the general election on November 8, 2016. In which he defeated Hillary Clinton to become the President of the United States.
- Donald Trump acquired office as the 45th President of the United States of America on January 20, 2017.
Awards & Achievements
- In the year 2005, he got nominated for Prime time Emmy for ‘The Apprentice’ under the aforesaid category.
- He won the Star on Walk of Fame for his contribution to Television in 2007.
- In the year 2013, he was introduce in to the celebrity wing of the WWE hall of fame at Madison Square Garden due to his contributions to the promotion of several WWE shows.
Few Fact that You don’t know about Donald Trump
- Donald Trump is a teetotaler and didn’t smoked ever and never addicted to drugs.
- He is a germaphobe and doesn’t like to shake hands. When he faced the critical situation of shaking hands, he has an interesting technique of avoiding it; he immediately pulls the opposite person close into his body.
- At some time, he used to give financial advise to Mike Tyson and once hosted Tyson’s fight against Michael Spinks in Atlantic City.
- Donald Trump is confident personality. In fact, at times his over-the-top confidence borders on braggadocio. In 2004, he was quoted in The Daily News saying, “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me—consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
- Although Trump was a very successful businessman, in hindsight, he has missed some brilliant business opportunities. In 1988, he had the opportunity to buy the Patriots, a professional American football team. But he refused the offer because he didn’t think it was a good investment. The team is now worth more than $2 billion.
- He is the only president who have his own board game, titled Trump: The Game.
- Trump has the suspicious distinction of winning the Razzie Award for worst supporting actor for the film ‘Ghosts Can’t Do It’, in 1990. He played himself in this movie.
- Trump is a golfer and a member of the Winged Foot Golf Club in Mamaroneck, New York. He plays regularly at the other courses he owns and operates.
- Trump was an active member of the “birther” movement that questioned about President Obama’s birthplace.
- A consistent vocal critic of Barack Obama, Trump offered Obama to play golf anytime on any of the golf courses that he owns with one rider – if Obama ended his term early.